Re: [cssom-view] Incorrect definitions of scrollWidth and scrollHeight

(resending to the list to fix an address error)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:16:10 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 May 2011 16:51:49 +0200, Leif Arne Storset
> <lstorset@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> Apologies for the missent message. Here's the full text:
>>
>> Not sure if anybody's taking care of CSSOM View while Anne's away, but
>> here goes:
>>
>> The definitions of scrollWidth and scrollHeight [0] don't match Gecko
>> and
>> Trident (IE9)'s behavior, which is something like the following:
>>
>> If the element is the root element and the Document is not in quirks
>> mode return the dimensions of the document or the viewport, whichever
>> is larger. The dimensions of the document include any positioned
>> elements and overflow.
>>
>> WebKit (Chrome) and Presto don't conform to this, but Presto will in an
>> upcoming release.
>>
>> 0. http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-element-scrollwidth
>
> This appears to have been fixed at some point.

Yeah, I believe Anne fixed it in July of that year. (If you're working
your way through the archives — if so, good job — you won't have seen his
reply of 14 July 2011 because it isn't linked to my message.)

-- Leif Arne Storset
Opera Software
Oslo, Norway