Re: [cssom-view]: offset{Left, Top, Width, Height} for <col> and <colgroup>...

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:34:59 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

>> Instead, I propose that the offset attributes for these table elements
>>
>> return non-zero values for convenience, consistency with current and
>>
>> historical browser implementations, and the "box"-like quality they
>> exhibit
>>
>> via their influence on table cells.
>
> Done. I also made offsetParent work for these elements.
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/f34dc20f58fb
>
> This fix is a bit hand-wavy but I couldn't figure out the "right" way to
> define this. Does anyone have advice for improvements to spec this more
> properly?

I have now made this apply to everything in CSSOM View. I tested
scrollWidth and getClientRects() in Opera and Firefox which seem to return
non-zero values. I haven't checked carefully if something needs to be
excluded from this rule.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software