Re: [css-color] ICC profiles and LAB colors

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:12:21 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that ICC profiles would be a lot of work.
>
> What would be the problem with having Lab? It's similar to hsl.
> The only 'special' behavior would be for gradients since interpolating Lab
> colors gives you more pleasing transitions.

It's still a new feature, and I'd like to avoid new features right
now.  (The conversion is fairly easy - I have it in my own color
library.)

Changing color interpolation is something entirely separate.  I'd like
to make that an option, but as a level 5 feature.  My goal for level 4
is just some syntax improvements, and merging in to the
color-correction property from dbaron's old draft.

~TJ