Re: Styling radio button and checkbox controls

On 22/03/13 23:06, Stefan Wallin wrote:
> My questions:
> • is there any previous work on form styling that can be built upon?

AFAIK, there is only css3-ui that takes care of some bits of form
styling but this is not enough here. We should be able to define what
should be stylable. The main issue being that some UA will not allow to
apply some properties or will keep some things even after you set
'appearance' to none.

> • how should these issues be properly worked on in a public manner to
> avoid any responsive image working group similar workflow fiasco?

This is not an easy problem and I think a lot of people actually expect
Web Components / Shadow DOM to solve this. We have plans to fix a few of
the problems with styling form controls at Mozilla but there is no one
currently working on that.

--
Mounir