Re: [css-variables][naming] Renaming 'var'

From: Pete Boere <pete@the-echoplex.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:41:03 +0100
To: "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
At first this proposal sounded plausable to me, but in this example it's
farcical:

> style.getPropertyValue('set-foo')

And the increased opportunity for confusing** juxtapositions such as:

    set-purple: green;
    set-color: red;

More or less makes this a non-starter for me.

var-* is simpler and more robust in all these cases.

--
Pete Boere
Web Developer