Re: Applying gradients to text

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:08:02 -0700
To: irfan mir <theirf@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM, irfan mir <theirf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to apply a gradient to text using CSS3 Gradients and
> background-clip:text;, but it doesn't seem to be working.

background-clip:text is a non-standard WebKit feature that will never
be part of the real standard, because it's a terrible way to handle
the idea of "fill text with an image".

However, if you're applying this to individual spans, rather than to a
block element containing text, that's probably your issue - a lot of
the spans will probably be small enough that only a fraction of your
100x100 background-size will cover them.