Re: [css3-lists] ::marker should inherit from the element

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:52:42 +0200
To: "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 16:55:56 +0200, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
wrote:

> Le 05/04/2013 16:48, Øyvind Stenhaug a écrit :

>>> specs

>> Yes, indeed, but unless those rules are specified somewhere, I don't see
>> that it helps much for interoperability. And Lists already has a UA
>> stylesheet (although only informative and for HTML, as usual for CSS
>> specs).
>
> Sure. If any such UA stylesheet is needed it should be discussed here
> and then put in a spec.
>
> I don’t know the details of these issues or if they exist at all,
> though. Can you expand?

As mentioned, I'm not sure if it's really going to be an issue either. We
decided to stick with the majority/our old behavior in this regard, which
I believe would correspond to the ruleset you gave above. So I don't know
if changing would have given us any web compat problems.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA