Re: [css3-lists] ::marker should inherit from the element

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:47:45 +0200, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
wrote:

> We at least want to inherit font-family, right?  The simplest for specs
> would be for ::marker to inherit just like ::before does.
>
> If there are specific web-compat concerns or use cases regarding
> text-transform, font-variant or other properties, they could be
> addressed in a UA stylesheet. For example:
>
>    ::marker { text-transform: initial; font-variant: initial }

Yes, indeed, but unless those rules are specified somewhere, I don't see
that it helps much for interoperability. And Lists already has a UA
stylesheet (although only informative and for HTML, as usual for CSS
specs).

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA