[css-color] color-correction into color-interpolation

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:07:12 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

In the behalf of the SVG WG, I would like to ask it if is possible to merge the 'color-interpolation' property with the 'color-correction' property. We think that they do share similarities.

- 'color-interpolation' is a CSS property and should be part of a CSS specification anyway. CSS Color makes most sense here.
- SVG has a similar problem as CSS: while SVG requires an sRGB color space, most (maybe all?) implementations use DeviceRGB in reality.
- We think 'auto' should be added to 'color-interpolation' to represent this difference
- The keyword 'linearRGB' would need to be specified as well, as it is in SVG to switch the color space to linearRGB. 'color-correction' is coming from the WebKit CG implementation which, in theory, is able to use linearRGB.

Greetings,
Dirk