Re: [css21][css-position] Better name for "pseudo-stacking context"

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:23:02 +1300
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
The word "layer" conflicts with the way we use the word internally to
Gecko, is used in CSS3 background and borders for background image layers,
and also invokes the spectre of Netscape 4-era layers. Those aren't major
issues but if all other things are equal, I'd prefer terminology that
doesn't use the term "layer".

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq