[css-images][css-backgrounds] Clipping at the concrete object size.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:10:52 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi,

 From the "CSS‚áčObject Negotiation" section:
> 4. Unless otherwise specified by CSS, the object is then clipped to
> the concrete object size.

It might be worth noting that nothing in CSS 2.1, css-images-3 or
css-backgrounds-3 specifies such a thing. In other words, unless a
feature is added to CSS in the future to do something else, objects are
always clipped to their concrete object size.

For some reason I had the idea that this was not the case for gradients
(which are infinite, after all.) I had to check in existing
implementations that a gradient background with no-repeat and a definite
background size is indeed clipped.

--
Simon Sapin