RE: [css3-transitions] Frame Rate

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 00:23:15 +0000
To: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
CC: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Martijn Korteweg <martijn@mediaartslab.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

[Jon Rimmer:]

> I don't think it is. I strongly suspect this is about working with
> animators who are creating content in traditional animation tools, like
> Flash or ToonBoom, who work at a traditional framerate of 24p [1]. If/when
> their animations are converted to CSS, the browser will play it at as high
> a framerate as possible, interpolating between the keyframes.

The browser will play it for the requested duration. Of course, this may
mean extra frames in between the ones specified in the rule. As currently
designed, this is a feature of CSS Animations, not a bug.

It's possible there is a use-case for animations where the developers
specified a frame rate and defines each frame i.e. there is no interpolation.
I am not sure this could be just an additional property or an extension on
the current @keyframes, however.

It would be helpful to see such animations as exported.