Re: [css3-text-decor][css4-background] @pattern for defining filling and decoration patterns

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:44:25 -0700
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
[snip proposal]

Interesting, but pretty large to be introduced apropos of nothing. ^_^

Let's focus just on the text-decoration part.  Is there evidence that we
need something with this much control?  From the linked email, it seems
like there might be a few more things that we can expose (explicit width,
offset, painting order).  While the additional effects you illustrate are
interesting, I'm not sure they're necessary.