Re: [css3-values] Overly limited attr(foo color) syntax?

Le 26/09/2012 00:15, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> The parsing of the "color" type in attr() restricts it to being a HASH
> or IDENT token - in other words, a hash color or color keyword.  This
> disallows the various color functions.  Is this intentional?  If so,
> is it desirable?  I'm assuming the answers to both of these questions
> are "no".
>
> If I'm right, then we should change the "color" type to also accept a
> FUNCTION token, followed by anything, ending with a ) token, and still
> require it to parse into a <color> type.

Actually, I think it should be anything (not just HASH, IDENT or
FUNCTION+args) that parses as a <color> with whatever level of the Color
module is in use. Although it is possible that all future extensions to
that module will use some functional syntax.

--
Simon Sapin