Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 17:05:18 +0800
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-i18n-cjk@w3.org" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp> wrote:

> > From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
> both
> in other

> doesn't the WG make a vote and decide?
> >>
> >>We did.  We decided on switching to head/foot some time ago.  ^_^
> >
> > to which I have a standing objection
>
> Thanks Tab, I searched for minutes and found one[1]. I see Glenn's "-1"
> but everyone else is happy or can live with, and then the WG resolution
> appears. I'm sorry to who doesn't like it, but it looks like it's
> reasonably fair process to me.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/1149.html

Once again I remind the WG that there are two W3C RECs (XSL-FO and TTML)
that use before/after, and that changing these for no reason whatsoever
(other than the fact the the persons that wish to make a change have not
used these two specs) is not a sufficient reason and should not be
undertaken without further substantial reason (of which I know of none).

I will enter an FO against the WM spec when it goes up for CR if this
unwarranted change is not reversed.

Regards,
Glenn