Re: [css4-images] Color stop syntax

On Sep 22, 2012, at 2:45 AM, Lea Verou <lea@w3.org> wrote:

> Your arguments could apply to most CSS shorthands. Do you disagree with them as well?
> For example, background could easily have a "50% black" sequence.

That's not the same. This is not a sequence of many different values as with background. It is a pair: a color and a length. It is more like saying "to top" instead of "top to".  I'm an author, and I find it pretty easy to remember the order when there are only two possibilities, and one is clearer than the other.