Re: Media queries for stereoscopic 3D displays?

The CSS3 transforms may be an alternative that already has a lot of the
required support, see:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-transforms-20120911/

The transforms can take the eye position into account.  It should be
possible to render a left and right view using these transforms, and
is seems a page could be consistent if the page is designed appropriately.

Would anyone know if it is possible to render a left and right view of
the same child DOM objects using the perspective transform?

  ...page content...
  ...page content...

Could the CSS3 transforms be extended to render a stereoscopic image in
a range of formats: such as parallel, cross-eye, interlaced, checkboard,
etc.  The left and right view could simply apply a slight variation in
the transform to change the eye position.

I am just looking over the code to see how practical this would be.

There also seems some potential to use the transforms to implement
sweeping movements of scenes separated into layers of different depths.
This could be a great improvement over simple wiggle images which
currently require all the image views to be loaded - a lot of images are
needed for a smooth pan and the size becomes impractical.

Regards
Douglas