Re: [css3-fonts][cssom] proposal for revised definition of CSSFontFaceRule

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:05:13 +0800
To: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:

> This seems okay to some degree, I just wonder if it's not a little bit of
> overkill.  Why the need for getter/setter *and*
> getDescriptor/setDescriptor?
> That almost seems java-esque.

It depends on whether we want to only support the camel cased domain of
descriptor names, call it D(CC), or we want to support both D(CC) and the
original hyphenated domain (as found in stylesheet) of descriptor names,
call it D(HY). If we want both, then we need to have different flavors of
getters/setters which make clear which domain they operate with. If we want
only D(CC), then we won't need both.

E.g., which of the following do you wish to work?

(1) descriptors['unicode-range']
(2) descriptors.unicodeRange
(3) both (1) and (2)