Re: [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2012-09-12

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:46:30 -0700
To: Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 02:06 AM, fantasai wrote:
>>
>>    - RESOLVED: Accept CSS2.1 edits in
>>       https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2012JulSep/0293.html
>

> Could this be made public?

This was technical discussion, so it's safe to share.  (Well, it
wasn't intended to be discussion - just input to the telcon.)
Reproduced below:

Hi,

I'd like to propose the following agenda items:

1.)  We resolved in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0298.html that the
visual effect of the values 'auto' and 'scroll' on the table box is
exactly the same as that of the value 'visible', and I issued a CfC
[https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2012JulSep/0165.html ]
on the proposed wording in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0308.html .  There
were no responses, so hopefully we can nod that through.

2.)  I'd like to introduce the term "block container element" into CSS21
to help with fixing a couple of other spec bugs.  The approach is to
extend the definition of "principal box" to include the, er, principal
box of inline blocks, inline tables and table cells, and then to define
a block container element to be an element whose principal box is a
block container box (which is an existing CSS21 term).  Hence the
following values of the 'display' property would make a non-replaced
element a block container element in CSS21: 'block', 'inline-block',
'list-item', 'table', 'inline-table', 'table-caption', 'table-cell'.

Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Sep/0041.html