[css-compositing][css-filters] enable-background vs isolation

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:29:58 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
All,

discussions, it was decided to deprecate 'enable-background' [1] and
replace it with 'isolation' [2].
The problem now is that we will need to preserve 'enable-background'
since there is existing content that relies on it.

We want to change the spec wording so these 2 properties 'shadow' each
other. So if you set 'isolation' to 'isolate', 'enable-background'
will change to 'new'. The last property that is set, would always win.
The SVG WG had a discussion that this 'shadowing' is also going to
happen (and be documented) for certain font properties so it's most
likely OK for us to do the same.

Does anyone have an issue with this?

Rik

1: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/filters/index.html#EnableBackgroundProperty