Re: [css-counter-styles] Name conflict in CSSCounterStyleRule IDL

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Good suggestion. "algorithm" is probably the best choice.
> >
> > It's a bit long. And probably more likely to be misspelled
> > (algorhythm?).
>
> Agreed.  "Algorithm" is a difficult word to spell.  I always end up
> wanting to put a y into it. ^_^

Algorithm has nothing to do with rhythm. :-) I can see your problem
but I believe most people nowadays use a text editor with
autocompletion anyway, which would suggest that word automatically
after typing "a". So I don't believe that'd be a big deal.

> Your type is called a "numbering system" in technical prose.
> So numberingSystem?
That's a bit too long and doesn't fit perfectly here IMO. Of course
the argument above also works here, but I associate a numbering system
with mathematics rather than counter styles in CSS.

Anyway, there were already many suggestions now. So Tab, I guess you
just have to choose one now. :-)

Sebastian