Re: Next step for DAP Ambient Light Events

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:01:03 +0200
To: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
CC: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" <bs3131@att.com>, "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>, CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Thursday, September 13, 2012, 6:30:59 PM, Doug wrote:

DT> So, I am editing the spec to define this new event.  I want to give
DT> some idea to the reader what each named lighting level means.  I am
DT> thinking:

DT> Dim:
DT> < 300 lux

DT> Normal:
DT> 400-1000 lux

DT> Bright:
>>= 1000 lux

DT> Comments?

Obviously these levels depend on the adaptation state of the user, which is unknown.

As an example, at typical ambient levels, a monitor at 120-150 lux would be seen as normally illuminated, and 300 as very bright.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG