Re: [svg2] request for review of new SVG properties

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:54:44 -0400
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 09:42 +0200, Simon Sapin wrote:
[...]
> I think that Dirk was not asking to rename <uri> to <iri>, but only
> clarify the definition and make <uri> accept IRIs, not just ASCII URIs.

That's also what we did e.g. for XPath, XQuery, XSLT, XDM, etc., and for
similar reasons - "anyuri" was already in use in user data so we
couldn't change it to "anyiri" for example.

> (The separate issue remains of deciding what unicode strings exactly CSS
> considers a "valid IRI/URI" and what to do with the other ones, but
> that’s for another thread, as Sebastian noted.)

+1 although it sounds like there's already some implementation
experience.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition, "Beginning that awful XML stuff"
http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ - the barefoot typographer