Re: [css3-fonts] FontLoader v2

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:43:48 -0700
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Cc: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Sebastian Zartner
<sebastianzartner@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about a compromise? Implement "event.fontface" with "fontface"
> being a CSSFontFaceDescriptors (though I'm not sure if Boris meant it
> to allow directly accessing properties or just via
> getPropertyValue()).
> E.g. event.fontface.fontWeight (and all other font face related
> properties) or event.fontface.getPropertyValue("font-weight")

This "compromise" still has the exact same problems that I'm
complaining about.  They're lesser (by the six characters of
".style"), but the additional indirection is still completely
unnecessary.  This is not an issue that needs to be compromised over.