Re: [mediaqueries4] Re: Next step for DAP Ambient Light Events

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:28:20 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Doug Turner" <doug.turner@gmail.com>, "Florian Rivoal" <florian@rivoal.net>
Cc: "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com>, "Doug Turner" <dougt@mozilla.com>, "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>, <public-device-apis@w3.org>
|  There remains a question though, which is to know if we can merge the
|  functionality described above with the high contrast mode(s) that are
|  desirable for accessibility reasons.

I propose to ask the people at Microsoft who created -ms-high-contrast in
first place. From my own initial investigation, it seems that the merge
would be welcomed because it increases the chance for vision impaired people
to get a more tailored experience. However, the people I asked didn't claim
they were expert about the high-contrast issue.

|  I can add what we've agreed to so far to MQ4, and put a note or an
|  issue about the possible overlap with accessibility.

I'm fine with it.