Re: [css3-text] Spread distance for text-shadow

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2012, at 2:23 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I applaud you for that, though I'd really like it to be in a spec somewhere. I could probably help with the L4 text-shadow spec and illustrations/diagrams if someone else could get it started.

L4 text-shadow already accepts spread distance, but there aren't any
figures illustrating that. It would be great to have such images in
the spec :-)
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-text/#text-shadow>

> How about 'inset' for inner shadows? Do you have that? Simon said in that thread that it shouldn't be too hard (at least for webkit, presumably).

I'm sometimes asked by colleagues if there're any ways to cast inner
shadows to text so that it looks recessed. So it seems there are some
needs for inner text shadows. If it's not hard to implement, I'd like
it to be in spec.

--
Masataka Yakura
<myakura.web@gmail.com>