Re: [css3-text] Spread distance for text-shadow

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 21:13:47 -0700
Cc: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, √ėyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>

On Sep 7, 2012, at 2:23 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [Sebastian Zartner:]
>>>
>>> As http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-css3-text-20120119/#changes states, it
>> has
>>> been deferred to Level 4: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-text/#text-shadow
>>>
>>> See also thread starting at
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/0991.html for more
>>> background.
>>
>> Thanks for the info!
>>
> FWIW IE10 includes support for this in text-shadow.

I applaud you for that, though I'd really like it to be in a spec somewhere. I could probably help with the L4 text-shadow spec and illustrations/diagrams if someone else could get it started. How about 'inset' for inner shadows? Do you have that? Simon said in that thread that it shouldn't be too hard (at least for webkit, presumably).