[css3-syntax] Should I add (informative) railroad diagrams?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 15:09:14 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
David said in an earlier message that he finds state machines to be
harder to read than grammars.  I don't disagree, but still prefer the
precision of a state machine.  As a compromise, would it be desirable
for me to add railroad diagrams to the spec as a non-normative
definition of all the tokens?  I find railroad diagrams easier to read
than regexes, while they contain very obviously the same amount of
information.

I've gone ahead and produced one such diagram already at
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-syntax/railroad-diagrams.svg>, for the
IDENT token.

Opinions?  I've already gotten them all drawn in my notebook, it'll
just take me a little while to produce them in SVG to the precision
that I like.