Re: [css-variables] Referencing all properties (Issue 4, !important)

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 06:56:11 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>
There are many use cases, in which you want to refer to the computed
value of another property.
E.g. last week I would have liked to use calc() (actually -moz-calc())
in relation to the calculated height of an element (having "height"
set to a percentual value, and pixel values for "min-height" and
"max-height"), which obviously doesn't work at the moment.

Anyway, I totally agree that referencing all properties should be put
into level 2. As Fran├žois said it's just something we shouldn't block
with the syntax we choose for level 1.

Sebastian