Re: [css3-fonts] rethinking font load events

Glenn Adams wrote:

> I fail to see the relation between load completion and layout
> completion. FontLoader should not be sensitive to layout state, just
> font loading state. Again, I don't see a use case for the notify
> method as has been described thus far. I'd prefer to discuss on this
> ML for the record.

Font loads occur due to layout measuring text, which runs font
matching, which selects faces for a given run of text, which determines
whether fonts need to be loaded or not.  Font loads do not occur if
@font-face rules are defined but never used, that's why font loading
depends upon layout behavior.

Cheers,

John