Re: [css-counter-styles] OM model for @counter-style rules

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:38:36 -0700
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> for CSSCountStyleRule I think we should avoid use of CSSStyleDeclaration,
> and also should not use the word "style" in apposition with "counter"; i.e.,
> use @counter, not @counter-style; use CSSCounterRule, not
> CSSCounterStyleRule; and define CSSCounterRule to have only the following
> DOMString? members:

I disagree with your preferred naming - we already have the concept of
"counters" and the counter() and counters() functions, neither of
which match the concept of a "counter style".  I think @counter-style
is the clearest way to name the rule.

Yeah, your suggested interface is what I was going to change it to.