Re: [css-variables] How to spec the OM for vars?

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 9/3/12 9:07 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>> (for amnesiacs/those new to this thread: obj.var will throw an error
>> in some implementations. obj.cssVar won't).
>
> Ah, fair.  Does that throw in IE8?  That might be a good reason not to do
> it, yes.

Is it, actually?  IE8 won't change.  Are you thinking we should maybe
avoid it because people won't catch the error, and thus their pages
will break in IE8?  I don't see why "this page breaks in an older
(possibly unmaintained?) browser" would have any force for you, a
Firefox dev. ^_^