Re: [cssom] CSSRule.parentRule and CSSRule.parentStyleSheet should return a "CSSRule?"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:14:27 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 8/31/12 10:02 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> At present, CSSOM doesn't provide a way to construct stylesheets or
> add/remove them from document.styleSheets, so this seems like an
> implementation issue.

CSSOM doesn't, but HTML does.  That's what calls into the "create a
style sheet" and "add a style sheet" hooks in section 6.2; it will also
need a "remove a style sheet" hook.

> Do you think we should add full ability to construct rule instances,
> stylesheet instances, etc.?

I'm somewhat agnostic on that, but in practice you can already do it
with stylesheet instances: just put a <style> in your HTML.

-Boris