Re: [cssom] CSSRule.parentRule and CSSRule.parentStyleSheet should return a "CSSRule?"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:41:53 -0400
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 8/31/12 8:41 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Please check. If CSSOM defined constructors for CSSRule concrete
> subclasses, then I could see this happening. But it doesn't at present,
> and I'm not sure it appropriate to spec if the spec doesn't otherwise
> define a context in which it could be null.

I think the issue here might be one of lifetime management.  I believe
that if you're holding on to a rule and the rule's stylesheet is not
attached to a document and you're not holding on to the stylesheet
itself we will garbage-collect the stylesheet and null out the rule's
parentStyleSheet.  Could be wrong, though.

-Boris