[cssom-view] new method, like document.elementFromPoint(), but in the document's coordinate space

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:33:02 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

Both document.elementFromPoint() and document.caretPositionFromPoint()
take viewpoint coordinates, and return null if the coordinates given
identify a point outside of the visible viewport. This prevents using
these methods for hit testing elements elsewhere in the document.

We've had a few feature requests for equivalent methods which operate
within the document's coordinate space, and personally I think it's a
good idea. Implementing such methods in WebKit would be pretty
straightforward. What do other engine implementors think?

I'll refrain from suggesting names; feel free to bikeshed! :)

Ted