Re: [CSS21] Question on height of inline-block (possible error in § 10.6.6)

On 14/10/2012 02:38, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 4:46, Anton Prowse a écrit :
>> On 12/10/2012 22:52, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.maxdesign.com.au/articles/css-line-height/

>> [That's possibly the most accurate author-targeted overview of the
>> inline formatting model I've ever come across.  Props to its author!]
>
> It is pretty accurate and well done considering the inherent difficulties
> of that tutorial but there are some inaccuracies. (Identification of some
> areas and rectangles are difficult to figure out sometimes; color of
> arrows would help but it seems to be red everywhere.)
>
> eg: in slide 71, we can notice vertical separation between the 2 line
> boxes while CSS2.1 is formally stating:
> "Line boxes are stacked with no vertical separation"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#inline-formatting

Yup, that, and I recall there being another slide in which the line box
stopped at the end of the inline-level content instead of stretching to
the right-hand edge of the containing block.  Still, I don't think I've
seen a summary of that depth with so few inaccuracies before.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net