[CSS21] background-position and background-repeat applicable on inline-block and inline-table elements

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:15:38 -0500

The tiling and positioning of the background-image on inline elements is
undefined in this specification. A future level of CSS may define the
tiling and positioning of the background-image on inline elements.

I need to be sure: inline-block elements and inline-table elements are not
inline elements??

An inline box is one that is both inline-level and whose contents
participate in its containing inline formatting context. A non-replaced
element with a 'display' value of 'inline' generates an inline box.
Inline-level boxes that are not inline boxes (such as replaced
inline-level elements, inline-block elements, and inline-table elements)
9.2.2 Inline-level elements and inline boxes

Shouldn't the spec state "inline boxes" instead of "inline elements"?

I always thought that inline-blocks and inline-tables were inline elements...

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite