Re: animate/transition height to/from auto

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll correct my previous statement:
>
> I think transitions should happen with resolved values.

You really don't.  "resolved value" is a legacy hack, defined just to
make it easier to talk about getComputedStyle().  It's incredibly
inconsistent; a handful of properties from 2.1 return their used
values, while all other properties return their computed values,
including ones that act similarly to 2.1 properties.

> This thread started of with users asking for this feature so it would be
> nice if we can come up with some level of support which can be implemented
> and documented.

I agree that it would be great.  But it's not trivial. ^_^