Re: [css3-page] Page-margin boxes layout

From: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 03:36:58 +0900
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote on 2012/11/25 9:28:08
> Le 11/11/2012 20:33, MURAKAMI Shinyu a écrit :
> > The large difference is that the existing spec has the rule “The sum
> > of the outer widths of the three boxes is equal to max box width.” It
> > means that when fit-content width is less than the available width
> > the remaining space is distributed to the used widths.
>
> I updated the algorithm based on this idea, although the exact rule is
> not the same.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-page/#margin-dimension

Seems almost good,
but found a typo s/note generated/not generated/
and I have one question:

I think it is better not using min-content when the sum of outer max-content is less than or equal to max box width (i.e., no line wrapping necessary). In such case the used width should be proportional to the respective outer max-content.
In most cases of page headers and footers, line wrapping is not often necessary and calculating min-content is also unnecessary.

Regards,

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House