Re: Any plans to add a method for suppressing white space between inline-block elements?

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:53:56 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
2012/11/24 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> As Phillippe said, the 'text-space-collapse' property, currently
> sitting in Text 4
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-text/#white-space-collapsing>, addresses
> this.
>
> As Pete said, it's very likely that you're using inline-block here
> just to achieve horizontal layout of some items, in which case Flexbox
> is the correct answer to your problem.  That's what it was designed
> for.  Flexbox is at this very moment being unprefixed in all major
> browsers, so it should be usable in modern browsers sometime in 2013.

Iím glad this issue is being worked out. Although just a stylistic
issue for English (and other languages that use spaces between words),
this is a much more serious (IMHO) problem for languages that donít
use spaces between words, such as Chinese. In effect we are forced to
either forego source code readability by writing entire paragraphs on
a single line, or use HTML comments, neither of which is really a
satisfactory solution.

--
cheers,
-ambrose <http://gniw.ca>