Re: [css-device-adapt] Clarification on clamping width and heigh

From: Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:25:33 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:07:03 +0100, Thiago Marcos P. Santos
<thiago.santos@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The spec is clear about clamping the values of width and height for
> Viewport META, but doesn't say anything about it at the @viewport
> constraining rules.
>
> For the sake of consistence, I think both should use the same clamping
> ranges and be explicit about it.

I don't think it's natural to specify clamping in the CSS lengths in the
@viewport case as we don't do that for CSS lengths in other specs.

The Viewport META clamping is there for backwards compatibility and
interoperability.

--
Rune Lillesveen