Re: The CSS Problem

Sebastian Zartner wrote:

> Do you have all functions, features and possibilities of your favorite
> programming language in mind? And do you regularly make use of all of
> them? People do not need to know every CSS 2 property to achieve their

I think CSS and HTML suffer much more than normal programming languages
from cut and paste programming, so many people will be using a small
repertoire, taken from cook book sites, or plagiarised.  Relatively few
will actually understand CSS.

> goals. And the main features of CSS can be learned everywhere. Also when
> you read through the web there's a huge request for the things CSS 3
> introduces.

I think most of the demand for features comes from advertising
"creatives", and they are under an imperative to be continually
different, in theory from their competitors, in practice, from
everybody's last year version.  I think that will make it almost
impossible to  draw a line on what is included in CSS, even if most of
it is only used for a year.

--
David Woolley