Re: [css3-mediaqueries] not (media-feature)

From: Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:35:31 +0100
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style@w3.org
I don't know how safe it is, but I have only come over it once while
debugging sites, and that time the web author was trying to use it to
detect whether a browser supported a specific media feature - a test which
was highly unreliable due to how it works today.

I don't think it is common, and if we change the syntax in WebKit, at least
we can add a warning which gets posted to the web inspector console.

Kenneth

--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer, WebKit, Qt, EFL