Re: [css-background] Order of properties in background shorthand

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Examples would help make sure I’m understanding the IE6 concern properly.

Yes, I'm also confused about the mention of IE6.

> That said, my impression is that you’re asking/expecting pre-CSS3 browsers
> to read something like…
>
>                 background: red content-box;
>
> … and treat it as …
>
>                 background: red;
>
> This is incorrect IMO.

Your opinion is correct.  At the time that IE6 implemented
'background', the 'background-clip/origin' properties were not part of
the syntax.  Thus, "background: red content-box;" is an invalid
declaration in IE6, and will be ignored.

~TJ