Re: [css3-transforms] Effect of CSS transforms on scrollable areas

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:33:12 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On 5/31/12 2:07 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> What if you want to animate an element in from a side? Wouldn't you
> think it's annoying if you get scroll bars while it's not completely on
> the screen?

The current WebKit behavior I see on MAc is to show the scrollbars
during the entire animation, including after the element is completely
on the screen, as if the element were at its original off-screen position.

So what you actually want here is not for the scrollable area to not be
affected by the animation; you want it to not be affected by the object
in question, period.

-Boris