RE: [css3-flexbox][css3-align] directional keywords

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 00:30:52 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
 From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
 Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:18 PM
 To: www-style@w3.org
 Subject: [css3-flexbox][css3-align] directional keywords

 So by the powers delegated to us by the CSSWG[1], Tab and I have
 RESOLVED:

    * The 'start' and 'end' values of the flex alignment properties
      will be renamed to 'flex-start' and 'flex-end', to make it
      clear that they are flex-flow relative, not writing-mode relative.

    * In layout models other than Flexbox, 'flex-start' will
      degrade to the writing-mode relative 'start' or 'head',
      whichever is in the appropriate dimension; likewise
      'flex-end' will degrade to 'end' or 'foot' as appropriate.

    * CSS3 Box Alignment will introduce 'start'/'end' as writing-mode
      relative values for 'justify-*', and 'head'/'foot' as writing-mode
      relative values for 'align-*'.

    * When applied to the flex layout model, 'start' and 'head' will be
      folded together, representing the 'start' or 'head' side, whichever
      is in the appropriate dimension. Likewise with 'end' and 'foot'.
      This will provide writing-mode-relative alignment for Flexbox.

Can you show an example of how this works after all the changes?

If in older syntax we had something like this:

	div {
		display:flex;
		flex-pack:end;
		flex-align:start;