Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On 05/30/2012 07:38 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 30/05/12 14:43, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
>
>> Chris, Daniel, Peter - when will the CSS WG make a decision on the FPWD?
>
> We'll try to make one today during our weekly conf-call. Please note
> that we're going to review the bits of this document falling under CSS
> WG's wings. In particular section 6. Peter and I already have discovered
> a few things :
>
> 1. "position: center" in section 6.1 refers to an Editor's Draft that is
> not actively discussed at this time. Only normative references
> should be made to CSS specs or the Fullscreen draft will have to wait
> until that ED becomes a REC to itself become a REC.

Yes, I would avoid relying on that draft at this time, as it's a very early-stage
draft, and we don't know when or how it will change. But that is easily avoided
by changing the wording from

   # Its position property computes to absolute, center, or fixed, if one
   # of those is the specified value, or absolute otherwise.

   | If its specified 'position' is 'static', it computes to 'absolute'.

Though it seems likely that 'fixed' is required here, no? Since the behavior
is effectively forced to 'position: fixed'. I'd put

   | If its specified 'position' is 'static' or 'absolute', it computes to 'fixed'.

(You can add a note that the behavior of future values of 'position' is
undefined, since we don't know what they will be and whether they'll
need to be forced to 'fixed'.)

> 2. the ::backdrop pseudo-element is not explained in the document
> outside of section 6.2. It's unclear to me why it is needed, what
> it represents, etc.

It's needed, if I understand correctly, to style the background that
hides the document when the fullscreened element is shown.

Since it is a pseudo-element, it should specify what properties apply to it.
I'm not sure that anything other than the background properties need apply,
but the spec should be explicit about what does and does not apply, at least
in terms of CSS2.1 properties.

Other comments:

   #  *|*:fullscreen {
   #      position:fixed;
   #      top:0; right:0; bottom:0; left:0;
   #      margin:0;

Shouldn't that be margin: auto? I'd've assumed you'd want replaced elements
centered by default.

~fantasai