Re: [css3-images][css4-images] Replace 'dppx' with 'x'?

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 20:07:53 +0200, Christoph Päper
> <christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:
>> Of course, all the reciprocal length units are plain stupid and
>> unnecessary – and always have been.
>>
>>  image-resolution: <count> [ / <length> ]?;
>>  image-resolution: 1dot; /* with 1px default */
>>  image-resolution: 300dot/1in;
>>  image-resolution: 100dot / 1mm;
>
> I wasn't there when you initially suggested that, but I think I like it. It
> may be too late to introduce something like that, but I wouldn't mind being
> proven wrong about this.

The 'image-resolution' property was reverse-implemented based on what
already existed, so we can't remove what exists, but we can always add
more syntax later.  However, I don't think adding ratios for
expressing resolution is a good thing unless we do it everywhere.

~TJ