Re: [css-variables] status ?

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:48:27 +0200
To: "Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com" <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Le 25/05/12 22:41, Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com a écrit :

>> Shortening CSS property names isn't a strong use-case.  Names are
>> usually already as short as possible while still being understandable.
>>   Shortening them further just makes them harder for others to read.
>
> Same applies to using variables in values. There is nothing that really forces us to allow variables in values, but disallow it in property names specifically. This is a weird harmful limitation.

Like it or not, this is the scope of this proposal and we're not going
to go beyond it in the near future. Tab gave very good reasons for that.
I already asked you once to stop polluting this thread with off-topic
stuff, I suggest you stop _now_ or face a ban from this mailing-list.
The noise/signal ratio of this thread is just not acceptable.

</Daniel>
--
W3C CSS Working Group, Co-chair