Re: [css-variables] status ?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:38:25 -0700
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, yeah, here's a summary of what changes I'd like to make:

And of course, I forget one.

6. (Optional, but desirable.)  Change the syntax for *defining* a
variable from "var-foo" to "$foo" as well.  This resolves the issue
that's been in the draft for a while where people want the definition
and use of a variable to use parallel syntax.  This one does require a
Core Grammar change, but it's compatible with our forward-compatible
error-handling.  (#1 might also want a grammar change so we end up
with a VAR token instead of a DELIM + IDENT pair that we then
interpret as a variable in the parser, but it's not necessary.)

~TJ